How many of you have heard this before? We all have classroom memories of that kid who’d say, “That was so DUMB!” usually after a well-meaning student asked his teacher a question. Well, when it comes to planning - and paying for - your wedding, there are no dumb questions! When conducting business with potential vendors, ASKING IS KEY!
Today, Jeffrey Brown of JaiLynn Events is hooking our readers up with critical topics to hit before you book a wedding professional or venue! If you have already booked vendors, make sure you know their answers to relevant items on this list.
“When shopping for vendors, ask questions - no matter how silly they may seem.
- - Get everything in writing - EVERYTHING!
- - Know cancellation and postponement policies.
- - What are the fees if changes are made after the initial contract is drawn?
- - What are delivery and set-up charges (if applicable)?
- - Know guidelines for returning rental items.
- - Get primary contacts from each vendor, and try to always use those people.
- - Discuss alternate ideas and less expensive alternatives (if possible).
- - Confirm deposit amounts, payment options, and the date final payment is due."
Posing these questions will help you avoid potential hiccups and lead you to some very practical, educated decisions, so ask, ask, ask!
Until next time... Happy planning!
P.S. Thanks, Jeff!