6 MONTHS from Your Wedding Day
We're halfway there in our Ultimate Timeline & Checklist series! We hope you enjoy this entry of key to-do's at the 6-month point!
Send out Save-the-Dates!
Photo credit: Project Wedding
Choose & Order Bridal Party Dresses
(Bridesmaids' dresses, flower girl dress, and look for accessories)
Photo credit: Bride to Be (AU)
Realize that everyone is not always happy with your choice. They need to get over it, and realize the honor of being chosen! However, do your best to keep body shapes, height, and bridesmaids’ confidence in mind. A size 6, backless, off-the-shoulder may not look as good in a size 18, so consider slightly different designs, which most dressmakers will have.
Remember to get a swatch of dress colors for shoe shopping and vendors!
Catch a Falling Star Resort, Negril, Jamaica - Photo credit: GetWedforLess.com
Here are my honeymoon quick tips:
- Get travel and cancellation insurance. (You NEVER know what may happen; it's better to be safe than sorry).
- Check for discounts via different airport departures.
- Confirm any immunizations or special documents needed if leaving the country.
- Book to leave for your honeymoon the day after the wedding or later - you’ll need the rest!
- Check for all-inclusive couples resorts for great deals.